Red Velvet Revelry aims to offer a sex positive approach to women and sexuality.
We are indebted to the work of writers, sex educators, researchers, therapists and others working in this emerging field of understanding, with so much more to be discovered.
If you would like to look further into the subject here are a few recommendations to start with:
Books and Articles about Sex
Come as You Are – Emily Nagoski. The stand out book for women on the subject at the moment. She also has an accompanying work book and a blog called The Dirty Normal.
Joy of Sex, updated 2008 edition – Alex Comfort and Susan Quilliam
Mating in Captivity – Esther Perel
Building a Great Sex Life is Not Rocket Science – John Gottman
- Desire: 100 of literature’s sexiest stories – chosen by Mariella Frostrup and the Erotic Review
- Reclaiming Female Sexual Desire- Pam Costa. https://youtu.be/0Sn_UhcXZm4
- Cliteracy – SophiaWallace https://www.ted.com/talks/sophia_wallace_a_case_for_cliteracy?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare
- The Pleasure Principle: The secret to a better sex life – Dr Laurie Betito https://youtu.be/lnigGtrwAfs
- Good sex isn’t about knowing what you’re doing – Sarah Bryden https://youtu.be/epz3eybDbYo